Team Leader, Project Manager, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning , Planning and Deployment.
Creation of the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program for AIG Investments
one of the largest asset management groups on Wall Street. Creation of the complete
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery process that takes the Business requirement
and manifests it into technical realities including:
- Creation and implementation of the Business Continuity planning and Risk Assessment
and Mitigation processes and procedures as well as completion of required documentation
(Business Continuity Plan/Risk Assessment) for Federal and audit-related compliance:
Business Impact Analysis, Risk Analyses, Call Trees, Short and Long Business Continuity
Plans for Fixed Income, Equities, Alternative Investments, Real Estate, Back Office
Operations, Investment Accounting and Rest of Bank.
- Creation of the Staff Accountability Process for accounting for staff during and
after the evacuation process in line with issues resulting from 9/11 and the new
FDNY Local Law 26 Ordinance.
- Integration of Business Continuity Safety-related processes with existing Corporate
Security processes and procedures for emergency planning and execution.
- Presentation of the Staff Accountability process to all staff.
- Creation of Call Tree and Business Continuity Planning and Accountability process
- Performance and audit of call tree tests, business continuity plan walkthroughs
and staff accountability exercises .
- Information gathering, design and deployment of the business alternate seating
requirements including all technical, physical and information-related security
and business processes and procedures.
- Creation and documentation of the three primary business sites business continuity
- Determination and prioritization of all required tools and technical requirements
for the Business as identified during the Business Continuity Planning process.
- Determination and design of enterprise-wide and business-specific solutions along
with architectural analysis and recommendations.
- Complete analysis and documentation of mission critical and critical systems and
- Creation of invocation documentation and schematics of each deployed technology
and Business application and/or system.
- Creation and documentation of the Disaster Recovery plans for the primary data
center, alternate data center and alternate seating sites;
- Creation of disaster recovery/invocation and normalization procedures based on
three scenarios: Loss of site, Denial of Physical Access and Shelter-In-Place.
- Processes dealing with staffing issues and availability during disaster events
- Facilitation and integration of the Disaster Recovery asset management process
including assessment and profit/loss considerations with existing asset management
processes and procedures.
- Facilitation and integration of the Disaster Recovery testing process with existing
QA standards for complete Data Center site fail-over testing and creation of one-off
testing processes: Implementation Validation, Technical Testing, isolated Application
Functionality testing, as well as End-to-End testing and End User testing.